Maddie | Nine Months
Maddie is nine months old…and a few days! It has been a crazy month trying to get ready for my schedule to pick up. Not to mention we have a little girl that is officially on the move! I already miss the days of putting her down in one spot and her staying there. But on the other hand, I love that she has a little bit more independence. Now she can go where she wants if she sees a certain toy vs just crying until I find the right one. Even if that means having to baby proof the entire house!
I still can’t believe how old she seems to be! Maybe it is all the new hair she has gotten but she definitely isn’t my little baby anymore. She is getting way too smart for only being nine months old. It is so fun to see her start to understand what we are saying and trying to mimic our actions! As I think back on this month, this is what I want to remember:
- The way she crinkles her nose when she thinks something is funny.
- How she will look back at me with a big grin when I catch her going somewhere she isn’t supposed to be (mostly the dog crate).
- Playing the instruments at St. Feriole Island and seeing the ducks by the pond!
- When we play fetch with Tucker, she will cheer him on when he brings the ball back.
- She knows which toys are hers and which are Tucks and will purposefully try to get to his when we turn our backs.
- She is still my snuggly baby when she gets tired or when she isn’t feeling well!
- Great grandma and grandpa got a tractor out for her to play with so Grandpa Howe had to get some greens ones out so she knows which ones are the best ones 😉 I should note that from a very young age I was taught that red tractors are yucky and I have no reason to believe Maddie will be taught any different lol
- She got to spend a lot of time with family this month as our schedule started to pick up and she loved every minute of it.
- While she hasn’t figured out how to crawl on her knees, she has figured out how to sleep on her knees with her butt up in the air.
Maddie’s favorite things:
- Standing up…with support! If we are within reach, you better believe we better be helping her stand up. She will take a few steps that resemble the late night walk home from the bar in college but she loves it.
- She still loves the remote and I think she knows which ones work and which ones we took the batteries out of for her to play with.
- Maddie loves playing with anything on wheels, especially the pull behind puppy that Aunt Jodi and Uncle Michael got her.
- She still loves giving us raspberry kisses and will go as long as you laugh every time she does it.
- Maddie has gotten pretty accustomed to Tucker helping to wake her up in the morning and won’t smile until he pokes his little nose in her crib.
- Anything that we are holding!
- She loves food that she can pick up and feed herself.
- Maddie loves other babies, even if it is just the baby on the diaper box.
Need to catch up on the last nine months? Start here